more info on www.ecnf2016.org
The join infrastructure (equipment, tools) of VINF is set up to strengthen scientific and technological excellence and to develop and restructure the research by integrating the critical mass needed to provide European leadership in the field of Nano-structured Films, using the unique expertise, research experience and unique research facilities of the VINF members.
The VINF possesses unique equipment and highly qualified scientific and technical staff in three major fields.
1) Deposition/fabrication and surface modification of Nano-structured Films
- PVD equipment, including magnetron sputtering, arc deposition, multi-source sputtering, laser ablation and large scale on line plasma vacuum coating;
- CVD equipment, including plasma assisted and high vacuum CVD;
- Reactive diffusion coating;
- Ion implantation;
- Self Assembled Monolayers (SAM), Layer by Layer (LbL) deposition, sol-gel and biomimetic coatings.
2) Characterization of microstructure
- Transmission Electron microscopy (TEM) including High Resolution TEM (HR TEM), TITAN – Field Emission Gun, monochromated & aberration corrected TEM and Dual FIB with chemical analyses (EDS, WDX, EELS);
- Scanning Electron microscopy (SEM), including HR SEM with chemical analysis;
- Scanning tunnelling microscope, Atomic Field Microscopy (AFM);
- Surface characterization equipment: AES, XPS, SIMS and TOF-SIMS, Rutherford Backscattering;
- High resolution optical spectroscopy, including Fourier-Raman, femosecond and ultrahigh spatial resolution spectrometers, scanning optical near field microscope;
- Contact angle measurements and ellipsometry;
- Solid-state Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR).
3) Characterization of mechanical and adhesion properties
- Nanohardness indenters and testers;
- Scratch testers and devices for evaluation of adhesion of the coatings to the substrate;
- Tribometers and pin-on-disc wear testers;
- Hip simulator.
The list of equipements owned by VINF members can be viewed here.