more info on www.ecnf2016.org
Services & Products
The VINF organisation is primarily a Network of public and private institutions concerned by NanoFilms. It has been set up to strengthen scientific and technological excellence and to develop and restructure the research by integrating the critical mass needed to provide European leadership in the field of Nanostructured Coatings and Thin Films, using the unique expertise, research experience and unique research facilities of the VINF Members. Several services and products are thus available, but some are restricted for use of VINF members only.
VINF possesses a unique set of about 130 scientific equipments and highly qualified scientific and technical staff in three major fields.
Deposition/fabrication and surface modification of nanostructured coatings and thin films:
- PVD equipment, including magnetron sputtering, arc deposition, multi-source sputtering, laser ablation and large scale on line plasma vacuum coating;
- CVD equipment, including plasma assisted and high vacuum CVD;
- Reactive diffusion coating;
- Ion implantation;
- Self Assembled Monolayers (SAM), Layer by Layer (LbL) deposition, sol-gel and biomimetic coatings.
- Transmission Electron microscopy (TEM) including High Resolution TEM (HR TEM), TITAN – Field Emission Gun, monochromated & aberration corrected TEM and Dual FIB with chemical analyses (EDS, WDX, EELS);
- Scanning Electron microscopy (SEM), including HR SEM with chemical analysis;
- Scanning tunnelling microscope, Atomic Field Microscopy (AFM);
- Surface characterization equipment: AES, XPS, SIMS and TOF-SIMS, Rutherford Backscattering;
- High resolution optical spectroscopy, including Fourier-Raman, femosecond and ultrahigh spatial resolution spectrometers, scanning optical near field microscope;
- Contact angle measurements and ellipsometry;
- Solid-state Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR).
Characterization of mechanical properties and adhesion of coatings/thin films:
- Nanohardness indenters and testers;
- Scratch testers and devices for evaluation of adhesion of the coatings to the substrate;
- Tribometers and pin-on-disc wear testers;
- Hip simulator.
VINF provides customised technical service for any VINF and non-VINF Members. A detailed list of the integrated equipment is accessible in the section Scientific Infrastructure. Highly qualified scientific and technical staff is available and willing to train other researchers to operate the equipment and to provide assistance in analysis of results.
While accessing the scientific equipment is only possible for a limited use, VINF can also help finding a quick solution in case of issue concerning NanoFilms (for instance, inadequate properties or contamination of the coatings, lack of optimisation of the deposition process, missing characterisation tools,…). By simply addressing a request to the VINF general manager email@example.com or via the contact form, collaboration can be initiated, involving the most skilled people of the network for a given problem. Moreover, standard scientific collaboration with possibility of exchanging researchers is also common within the network; VINF is acting then only as a catalyser for creating new collaborations.
A technical and scientific database is available for the VINF Members, which includes the scientific publications of Members and the VINF documents such as its research roadmap presenting the research strategy of the network.
Read more … (available soon)
The VINF website contains a career section, in which Members can promote their company and display job opportunities. Complementary, this section contains curriculum of students and young scientists looking for position or fellowship. Only people registered on the VINF website can put online their CV. However, anybody has access to read the CVs and job offers databank.
Read more … (available soon)